The advantages of claiming free school meals are many. As well as ensuring that pupils are getting a healthy meal every day, it is to the advantage of every pupil in school, that all parents who are eligible to claim for free school meals should do so; even if your child does not take the free meal.
It is now possible to check to see if you qualify for free school meals by completing a simple online form.
*By clicking this link you will be leaving the Great Barr Academy website.
In most cases
- a response will be provided immediately
- you will not need to provide proof to the school
- you will not need to reapply to confirm continued eligibility
To complete an application you will need handy:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child’s name and date of birth